PRESENTATION: Human Rights (Theory)
ACTIVITIES MODULE 4
For this excercise, each participant must choose a short film to view and comment on the Platform forum. The contribution to the forum must contain at least:
- Brief description of the situation exposed in the documentary
- The emotions you have experienced when you see it
CHOICE OF MOVIES FOR EXCERCISE 1
- SeaWorld: A young woman traveling with her family dreams of visiting Seaworld. Filmed in a shelter for migrants in southern Mexico.
- Six out of ten: Gael García Bernal talks to three women in Honduras who are traveling in search of a better life for their families.
- What’s left: In El Salvador, a mother speaks of her desperation not knowing where her son is ten years after he left for America.
- GOAL!: They sleep on the ground, ask for food and cling to the outside of the moving freight trains to bring them closer to their destination.
These short films are part of an Amnesty International campaign against the abuses committed to migrants in Mexico.
From destinations such as Oaxaca, Chiapas, Guatemala and El Salvador, García Bernal, together with director Marc Silver and the Organization for Human Rights, conducted a series of interviews not only for Central American migrants, but also for humanitarian workers and Doctors who are involved in the process.
The United Nations (UN) can take action on the problems facing humanity in the 21st century, such as peace and security, climate change, sustainable development, human rights, disarmament, terrorism, emergencies Humanitarian and health, gender equality, governance, food production and much more.
Describe an activity or workshop that you would carry out in your neighborhood/community to improve coexistence, social equality, justice and/or freedom of people.
For this second part of the activity, think of something you know how to do and can teach or share with others and that serves to know better and see what we have in common and that is unique to each of us.
Write a letter or e-mail addressed to the UN with the objective of visualize the problem explained in the documentary you have chosen, and demanding to press the Mexican government to enforce the Declaration of Human Rights of the people Migrants.
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 1 month ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.