- PROJECT TITLE: “E.T.I.C.A.S.D. – Education Tools Improvement Contributing to Adult Social Development”
- DATES: 01-09-2018 to 31-08-2020
- CATEGORY: ERASMUS+ Strategic Partnerships for adult education – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
- ID NUMBER: 2018-1-IT02-KA204-048331
- ASSOCIAZIONE TRAVELOGUE (IT)
- ASOCIACION INICIATIVA INTERNACIONAL JOVEN (ES)
- INTERACTIVE MEDIA KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER INTERMEDIAKT (GR)
- CREFAD LOIRE (FR)
European Union is still facing lots of negative factors like unemployment, economic stagnation, demographic aging and the refugee crisis, seen as a threat, especially in European countries bordering the Mediterranean. Adults often suffer of a social and professional isolation, due to the possession of obsolete qualifications, not updated with skills required today (especially in ICT), as well as migrants or refugees, who are disadvantaged also because of cultural and linguistic gaps.
After a SWOT analysis on Adult Education System in each partner country (Italy, Spain, Greece and France) and a reflection on similar geopolitical features that unite the four countries, although with different experiences in the reception of migrants, the partners decided to share and exchange good practices in adult learning, involving directly and indirectly 160 adult learners (OVER 50s with low level of qualification, adult migrants and refugees regularly residing in the participant countries) and the staff of the organizations involved in the project and those working in adult education. The project general objective is to develop key competences in adult population and to strengthen the network of actors in the field of education, training, and guidance in each participating territories to promote social and professional fulfillment and inclusion of adults.
The specific objectives are:
- SO1. Raising the quality of adult learning, involving 160 participants (over 50s and migrants) in learning experiences to strengthen their skills and Key Competences (1,2,3,4,5,6) in a creative, innovative, non-formal learning environment.
- SO2. To promote the inclusion of people at risk of social exclusion, fostering their self-esteem and autonomy, strengthening the attitude to lifelong learning and social development to 160 adults through experiences exchange with those coming from different contexts.
- SO3. To develop a more integrated information system in continue education, guidance, training and job opportunities, offered to adult population and increase the knowledge of Eu Programmes for adults.
- SO4. Stimulate an open mind, intercultural exchange and intergenerational dialogue in at least 160 adults, fostering the development of their social skills and active participation to society.
The main activities will include preparation activities, development of learning materials on Key Competences, mentoring activities for self-assessment of adult skills, 4 transnational project meetings, 2 blended mobilities of adult learners of 4 weeks (in Italy and Spain), the creation of an online interactive guide, the realization of Video CV with adult learners and monitoring, evaluation and dissemination activities.
The methodology used for the project will be implemented in 4 phases: initiation, planning, axecution and control phase.
The main project results will be: The online learning space to facilitate the adult autonomous learning of the key competences; the online interactive guide (e-Compass) which combines together different types of material delivering an innovative way of learning process; the Video Curricula, valorizing non formal and informal experiences of adult learners.
The project will have an impact at local, regional and European level, raising awareness of the importance of lifelong learning for active aging and developing a proactive approach towards the integration needs of disadvantaged adult population.